Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just living.

Things have been going well lately. I have been spending time reading rather than surfing the web, and I am really enjoying it. I forgot how much I loved to curl up with a good book.

Jarod and I cleaned up our deck the other night, and purchased a white bench from IKEA. Now we can sit out there together (or alone), watching the neighborhood. I am also excited to buy pretty plants to go out there too... something to add to my to do list.

I was at work in Ladner yesterday, when we heard a loud screech come from outside. We all ran to the door to see what had happened, and saw that an elderly woman had been struck by a car at the cross walk. She was still under the front tire. She was alive, and the ambulance came and removed the car, then took her away to the hospital. It really upset me. While driving home from work I was honked at once by a jerk behind me in the left turn lane because the light turned yellow and I was waiting to see if a truck coming towards the intersection was going to stop or run the light. Then a bus honked at me later on because as I was driving it decided to go into my lane without using a signal and almost hit me. I was in tears by the time I got home. Why do I have to be so emotional? Every little thing affects me. If someone kills a bug around me, it can bring me to tears. If I get yelled at by a customer, I break down. Stupid emotions.

This weekend Jarod is going away river rafting for a friend's bachelor party. It will be nice to have the place to myself for a few days. I have plans on getting the place super organized, but I am not putting any pressure on myself. My mom is coming over Friday and spending the night, which should be fun.

Next week Jarod and I are going camping for a few days, which I'm really excited for. I hope the weather is nice.

I've started a new system to encourage me to do simple daily things. It's quite silly, but really works for me. I have a chart with days across the top, and then on the side are different tasks such as, eat a good dinner, walk Gizmo, do some exercise, read, etc. If I do a task I put a check in the box, and if I do more than five in one day I get a gold star sticker! It's actually been working quite well, and helps me remember to take my medication and such. Plus, it always feels great to get a gold star!

Feeling like a bad blogger lately... hoping to change that soon!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I am glad things are good!! Have been thinking about you!! That's awful what happened to that poor lady!! I hope she's going to be okay!! Don't worry I am emotional too. I think it's a girl thing, for some anyways!! Love your little system, I would be happy with getting a gold star!! We should try to get together towards the end of the month...school is almost done so, we will be able to hang out more!! YAY!!

.freckled.nest. said...

thats a good list idea.
man, i would totally be crying too if i had that kinda day...and seeing a person under a car tire...Oh boy! I hope she's okay!!
I'm the same emotional mess. Lol, you saw me at my worst. But it's better than being numb and heartless. To me anyways.
Have a good weekend :)
Love La

Nicki said...

{{{hugs}}} I was going to the grocery store when that accident happened. So sad :( But it happens at that intersection frequently sad to say.. I hope they change it soon.