Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Interview

Yesterday I had my interview for the IDEA program. First, I had a 30 min. interview with two of the instructors. I think it went pretty well. I was friendly and talkative, and they seemed to like my answers to their questions.

After that I had a writing test. We were each given a pad of paper, a dictionary, a sheet of sentences, and a photo of a collage. First we had to correct the mistakes in each sentence, and then we had to write a formal essay about the collage! We were only given one hour to do everything. I am not the best writer out there, especially when it comes to essays. After the evil essay we had a one hour lunch. I went to the cafeteria with a few other girls. They were all very nice, and just as nervous as me. After lunch was the drawing test. We were given an easel and a big piece of paper, and had to draw a still life of a vase of flowers, some apples, and a tea pot. We were only given willow charcoal and white chalk to draw it with. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see anyone elses so I don't know how I compared.

85 people submitted their portfolio's to the program, and 50 were called back for interviews. Now they will narrow it down to thirty who will be accepted. I should hear back at the end of May. I am so nervous. I have no back-ups. This is what I want to do.

Check out the grad work from this year here. I get so excited when I look at their work. It is exactly what I want to do. Design company logo's, make pamphlets, create packaging, do illustration, create fonts, it sounds so amazing!

4 comments:

Lilli said...

I hope you make it, Alice! It sounds pretty cool :)

Sorry about your car :( We don't leave anything visible in our car. Ours was once broken into so they could steal large family-sized jars of ketchup and mustard that we'd gotten at Costco. They left my $350 rollerblades though, so go figure!

Valerie said...

I'm so excited for you!! Saw the stuff that the grads did it's amazing!! Your better though ;)!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

.freckled.nest. said...

WOOO-HOOOOOOOO!! You did it! You got thru the (imo) scary part! Can you share your portfolio with us?
Hugs,
LA

.freckled.nest. said...

Lilli, can you email me a link to your blog?