Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Moody

I have an addiction to Q-tips. I use about 2 of them per day to itch my ears. I have been doing this for about 8 months or so, and I know it's not good for my ears but I can't stop, they're so itchy. Last night I think I did some damage though, because my right ear has been hurting SO bad ever since. It even hurts to chew or yawn. I really hope I haven't done any serious damage, and let's hope I've learned my lesson.

I fell asleep last night around midnight (after doing crosswords and eating ice cream, of course), but then woke up again at 2am. After that I could not fall back asleep. I got up and played video games, then read an Archie Comic, and then did more crosswords. Jarod got home from work at 4am and I was able to rest for a bit with the lights out until 7:25am, but hardly got any real sleep.

I worked at the Credit Union from 9:15am-3:15pm. Today was my first real day on the job, although I am still being trained. For the first half of the day I was watching another teller, and then after lunch I got to help members! I was able to help customers all by myself, without any assistance for anything on multiple occasions, which my trainer and my boss were both very impressed by. I was really nervous last night because I've never done banking before and there is tons to learn, but I am really proud of myself for doing so well.

I got home from the credit union at about 4:10pm, ate a burrito, and then left to start work at Purdy's by 5pm. I worked there until 9:45pm. I was supposed to get off at 9:30, but about one minute before being totally done for the evening I accidentally spilt an entire bucket of water over that I was mopping the floor with.

I finally got home to discover that Gizmo had torn up a toilet paper roll, eaten half a jar of mixed nuts, and destroyed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. He is currently shut in the bathroom. The other day he chewed up the heel of a nice pair of my shoes as well, so from now on he's will have to be put in the bathroom when we go out. He knows when he has done something wrong, too, because he hides under the coffee table when I get home. Silly boy.

My friend Leigh-Ann from Winnipeg will be staying with me next week before the ARTistry event. I'm so excited!

Alright, it's time for some good old TV, and I have to let Gizmo know I don't hate him.

3 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

you need a hug. and a nap. and a haircut. ;)
At least you have a week off next week!! No workiework.

LA

momsy said...

You sound surprised that pick things up (at work) so quickly but let me (your mommy) remind you that you've always been that way. (do remember when Em taught you to write your name when you were 3 and she was 5?) Glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see you, Jarod, and my granddog in April. Careful with your ears, babe. Love ya lots!!!!

Valerie said...

Glad things are going so well at the credit union!! And glad you liked it!! I worked at a bank for 2 years and didn't like it at all!! Lucky you getting to go to the Artistry can't wait to hear all about it!!