Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Confessions of a procrastinater

I admit it. I am really bad at procrastinating. It doesn't matter if it is an ugly job, such as chores, or something that I love, like art. I will wait until the last possible moment to get it done. Yesterday I collected all of our dirty laundry and put it in a pile. It's kind of scary what procrastinating can turn into! (The photo hardly shows the true amount of laundry). Gizmo thought it was his new bed.

Today I had my first training session for the credit union. It was at the head office in Langley and there were two other people in my class. Today we learned how to use the computer program for doing transactions. The other two people have worked in the branch already, one for several months and the other for two weeks, so I was a little more clueless than them. It was fun though, and they had Slinky's, Silly Putty, and candy's on the desk to keep us occupied while watching demo's. We were there from 9am-5pm, and I was scheduled at Purdy's from 5pm-9:30pm. We got out of class at ten to 5, then I drove home and quickly changed and drove to Purdy's. I didn't get there till 5:30 but my boss new I might be late. Now it's quarter to 11pm and I am pretty exhausted. Tomorrow I have another training day for the credit union from 9am-5pm. Luckily, I don't work afterwards so I wont miss Grey's Anatomy! I did, however, miss America's Next Top Model again tonight because of work. Grrrrr.

I had three days off this weekend which was really nice. I convinced Jarod to rent video games and we stayed up really late one night playing Family Guy for PS2. He was such a good sport :) We even moved the coffee table and made a bed on the floor with blankets to lye on as we played. I also rented The Sims 2 and have been pretty hooked on it.

OK... have to get up in 8.5 hours and I still have to eat dinner!

2 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

1.priority:which outfit did you wear on your first day?
2.Penny and Gizmo are so alike. She did the same thing with our heap of laundry, but nested in... Gizmo's more "the king of the castle"...
3.I got a new toy!!Early Birthday present from my Tyson, A macbook! It's so pretty!!
4. 12 more days!!
LA

momsy said...

"Confessions of a procratinator's procrastinating mother" or "One thing I've learned in 50 years - but don't always practice!"
Take things one step at a time and finish that step before going on to the next one. Sounds simple, but not so easy when your mind is whirling.
Love ya lots Babe!