Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ARTistry: Day Three



It's Tuesday now, and the last day of ARTistry was on Sunday, but I have been too exhausted to post! On Sunday our instructor was Claudine Hellmuth. It was so awesome to meet her, I've been a fan of her work for a long time. She was really funny and the class was really fun. I also talked more with other women in our class. I didn't really expect to come to this event and leave feeling this inspired. Not only by the amazing instructors, but also by the other women in my class. They were so encouraging and supportive. I really hope we stay in touch.
Sunday night Jarod and I dropped Leigh-Ann off at her aunt's house and went out for Greek Food. We found a yummy new restaurant, which is awesome!
Yesterday morning I called in sick to the Credit Union. I was exhausted, and felt really gross. I didn't have the horrible illness that Leigh-Ann had when she was here, but I just felt overall yucky. I slept in most of the day, and later on Jarod and I went grocery shopping.
For the month of April we are both going Vegan (I've been a vegetarian for 9 years). Because of this, we didn't buy any food with any eggs/meat/dairy. It was really hard! I think I am going to be making a lot more of my meals from scratch, most microwave meals, etc. have cheese in them. I really think that I will feel a lot healthier by doing this. If by the end of April I am feeling better, than I may decide to stay vegan, we'll have to see though! I bought "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegan Living " to help me out a bit. You'd be surprised where animal products hide!
My Grandfather turns 90 in April, and my mom turns 50 (Yes mom, I'm telling your age but it's only because you actually look 30). I have a special project planned for her that I am really excited about. Also, my parents will be coming home from Toronto this month, and my sister Emily and her boyfriend Mike will be out to celebrate as well as my Nana! I'm so excited to have my family together again.
Work today was very hard. It was my first day all on my own, and there were lots of things that I didn't know. Being new is so hard, especially for me with my silly anxiety issues. I did end up balancing at the end of the day, but I phoned Jarod on my lunch break and started crying because I was so stressed. For me to learn, I need to actually do something. It doesn't help when someone comes over and does it for me, but because we need to go fast that's what usually happens. So today, there were lots of things that I had never done and I'd have to get someone to help me but they would be busy so they'd tell me what to do, but I need to be shown. It was hard and I am so glad I am home. Jarod sent me a nice e-mail and left me a cute note though, so I'm in a not-so-bad mood. It's hard when I work at the credit union. I leave for work at 8am and by the time I get home at 6pm, Jarod has left for his job and then doesn't get home until 4:30am.
OK time to stop ranting, but I will leave you with one last thing. My sister Emily has started a blog about food/travel, and she is a really good writer, so take a peak if you like. She only has two posts so far, but I'm sure more will come soon! Check it out here.

5 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

hey Alice! It was so great to have you in class! hope to see you next time :)

Lilli said...

You're a better-looking poppet than I am!

I hope the job gets easier for you soon :)

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at Artistry!! I SO wish I could've gone!! Hopefully the days at work get easier, try not to worry too muc. Easier said than done, I know I am the same!!

emily said...

I am looking forward to seeing you guys so much! I can't wait a whole month. I'm planning on bringing an empty suitcase, so we have to go to the Daiso or whatever it's called place. Is that near T&T in Richmond? I'm going tomorrow to look at a house, I'll send you some pics if I decide I like it. It's a 1 bedroom house for $85,000. Crazy eh!!!

momsy said...

Hey Babe, if you listen very carefully, you can always hear me cheering you on.
"I know you can do it!"
All growth entails some pushing, and we have to learn to push ourselves out of our comfort zone. Just think how much pushing the bulbs have to do in spring to get the new growth through the garden dirt where we can enjoy their beautiful floral display. I wonder what your blossoms will look like? love ya!