Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend


I felt like this post needed pictures and I didn't take any this weekend, so I used these from a forward e-mail I got. They make me laugh so hard!

I had a good weekend! Yay! I had planned an open house for my Stampin' Up business, but only two people RSVP'd. Then I found out that one of Jarod's good friends was having a birthday thing downtown at the Blarney Stone the same night, so I tried to cancel it. But they wanted to come anyways to learn some techniques, so we booked a class for earlier in the day, and Jarod's mom ended up coming too which was good. I taught them how to emboss and use Pearl Ex, and it was really fun to teach again! I know that I am going to get some good orders out of it too, which is great.


Anyways, so we went down to the Blarney Stone (Jarod and me in one car, his sister Megan and friends Sarah and Sam in another) and got there around 8. It was great because we didn't have to stand outside in a lineup. A hockey game was on but I don't watch sports so we were sitting right under the huge TV the entire night, and everyone else was watching the TV, but it felt like they were staring at us which was funny. I invited my brother to come, but he couldn't make it out which was too bad. We also ran into my sister's ex boyfriend Joe.


My friend Jenna and her boyfriend Rob came, but they came later and had to stand in the long lineup for a while. Luckily they knew someone who snuck them in. Anyways, Jenna knit me a scarf!!! How sweet is that! For no reason whatsoever! And she gave me a gorgeous necklace that is so my style. What a doll. It feels so amazing to have REAL friends again. So what if I haven't met you Leigh-Ann.... you're a real friend too :)


I drank a little... or a lot? Well not too much but I'm a light weight so it felt like a lot. I had SO much fun! And luckily for me I rarely get hangovers. It is so strange to have gone downtown drinking two weekends in a row because that's just not what I normally do. I'm also lucky because Jarod doesn't drink so we never have to worry about who will be the designated driver!


I worked today at Purdy's and it was kind of fun! Getting to know my co-workers more and they're treating me like "one of the gals" finally.


I've been keeping it on the down low just in case it doesn't pan out, but I've had two interviews so far for Envision credit union. Both Jarod's mom and sister work for them and it's a great company. I would be working at the Ladner branch (I grew up in Ladner.. 45min drive away). My pay would be up about $6 an hour from what I make at Purdys, although I would still work there. The job is about 2-3 days a week. Anyways, I'll hear on Wednesday if I get the job and am SO nervous!


OK... bedtime (crosswords first of course!)

2 comments:

momsy said...

Hey Babe, glad you had a great weekend! Those pics are sooo funny!! Love you :)

.freckled.nest. said...

I laughed SO HARD at the pet photos email!!!
You're my real friend too! And a real good friend!
You home tonight? Ring ring?
LA