Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day!



First off, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! (It is my middle name, after all!)


Since Jarod works tonight, we celebrated our Valentine's Day on Monday. I got home from work a bit after 6pm and Jarod had made me my favorite dinner. Mashed potatoes, with heart shaped tofu and veggies in a super yummy honey ginger sauce. It has become our Valentine's ritual. He also bought me a very pretty plant and a heart shaped box of turtle chocolates. After dinner we went out to a movie... Jarod got to pick so he chose Smokin' Aces. It was entertaining (but a bit gory), and parts of it bothered us because they didn't make sense, but overall it was an OK movie.


We both ended up being sick yesterday, and both of us called in sick to work. I felt super guilty because I knew how busy my work would be (Day before Valentine's at a chocolate shop!).


Today I was still feeling really sick when I went to work, but I felt too guilty to call in sick again. I was pretty shaky for the first half of the day, but it was so crazy that I didn't really have time to be sick. The line ups were ridiculous, even when I got off at 5pm. Talk about last minute shopping!


I have the next 5 days off and am so excited about it! I really hope I get a lot done, but we'll see. The house is a mess again, so I need to clean, and I also have to get my portfolio together. This Saturday is Portfolio Day at Capilano College, so I bring it down there and get some tips on what to include, and what not to include, etc. I hope it will increase me chances of getting accepted to the illustration/design program.


If I don't get in, I've been thinking of a backup plan, and I would like to take the continuing studies photography program at Langara College. Even if I do get in to the IDEA program, I may take a few photography courses this summer for my own interest.


I was supposed to hear back from the credit union today about the job... but they never phoned me. There is an opening at another branch though, so I plan on applying for that one tomorrow.


OK, I'm exhausted, so I'm off to lie down and watch TV!

No comments: