Monday, February 26, 2007

Sick, Snow, Oscars and Slurrpies.

On Saturday I worked and picked up fresh vegetables and bread from the mall. I came home at 6:00 and Jarod and I made dinner together. We had corn-on-the-cob, baked sweet potato rounds, yummy bread dipped in oil and vinegar, carrots in a sauce, and fried green tomatoes(like from the movie!). It was so nice to have a real dinner, and I am a vegetable lover. In the evening I had a very sore throat. We watched Running With Scissors. Another flick that not everyone can appreciate, but I found to be hilarious (Mom, you have to see it).

I went to work yesterday, and my throat continued to get worse. For dinner we went to Jarod's parent's house and had wraps, then watched The Oscars. I was thrilled that Little Miss Sunshine was nominated for several awards, it's one of my favorite movies. I don't completely agree with the winner for best picture, The Departed. Although I enjoyed the movie I thought Babel was spectacular and should have won. I was also really happy that Ryan Gosling was nominated for Best Actor for Half Nelson, another great film. We came home from visiting and I played The Sims on my PS2. I'll admit it, I LOVE video games, especially RPG's (roll-playing games), and old classics like tetris. Jarod, however, can't stand video games.

Today I woke up with half a voice and it has still not come back. I slept in quite late, Jarod made me soup, I played more of the Sims, and we went to Chapters. I only bought one magazine (after Jarod convinced me to put one back) high five for Alice!

Oh! And it snowed this morning! I woke up to huge snowflakes falling from the sky.
After Chapters, Jarod and I rented some movies (Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg, Man of the year, and the Trailer Park Boys) and bought Slurpee's. So I'm off to relax and sooth my throat, then go to sleep because I start my first day at my new job tomorrow!!


3 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

Sicky Alice? I'll FedEx you some more Vegatarian Chicken Soup ;)
Hope you feel better fast, I used to get sick a lot, and it is SO much more draining, and frustrating when it's so often!
Gizmo's trying to take care of you:)
(((Hugs)))
LA
PS> Tell Jarod I perscribe icecream! Definately Icecream!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new job Ali-oop! I know you'll do great!
Em*

Valerie said...

Love the pics!! Hope your first day on the job went well!! Love the CJ, looks awesome can't wait to start!!