Saturday, January 06, 2007

Studio Friday

This weeks topic for Studio Friday is 'Changing Names'. If I could choose any other name, what would it be.

Well, to tell the truth I wouldn't change a thing! I love my first name. Sometimes I get called Allison by mistake, and that's frustrating, but most of the time it is great having the name Alice. My favorite thing about it has to be how unique it is. I only knew one other girl growing up named Alice, and I didn't encounter her until high school. She was a year older than me. Many people tell me that their grandmother's name is Alice, which is another thing I love about it. It's nice that it is sort of a classic name. One downside to having Alice as my name though, is I can't name my daughter Alice! (Well I could, but I'm not into juniors and such).

I would also keep my middle names, Valentine and Marie. Valentine comes from my mom's grandma, Winnifred. Her middle name was Valentine too. I hope that I can pass it on to my daughter some day. I often get asked if I was born on Valentine's Day, which I wasn't. My other middle name is Marie. This was given to me because it was my father's grandma's first name. I love this name as well, and am proud that it is a part of me.

As for my last name, it doesn't really have a nice ring to it or anything, but I am proud to be a Hess. I am prepared to give it up when I marry, although I will always consider myself to be a Hess. Plenty of amazing people share this name with me, and I am glad that it is a part of who I am.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

It's true you don't hear Alice very often, it's so classic and pretty!! And I love Valentine Marie, it's so unique and pretty too!!

.freckled.nest. said...

I love your name too! I love classic names. But not Gertrude. Just so you know. lol.
Your buzzed buzzer is AWESOME! The bee actually LOOKS furry! When's your birthday by the way??
LA