Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hopes and Dreams

Back in July I wrote a list of goals for myself. It has been 6 months since then, and my goals have changed quite a bit so I decided to update.
This is the old list:

1. Have a work of art published in a magazine. -This has yet to happen
2. Be one of Creating Keepsakes "fresh faces". -No longer a goal
3. Design a font. -No longer a goal
4. Become a garden girl on Two peas in a bucket. -No longer a goal
5. Get asked to teach at a scrapbook store. -DONE, yay!
6. Get a fan letter. -Yet to happen
7. figure out a way to make money doing what I love! -DONE, I have my work for sale on my Etsy shop, but I still need to make it a hit.

Obviously I have switched over a bit from being madly in love with scrapbooking. I am now working in all sorts of mediums, and am still in to scrapbooking as a hobby, but am no longer into the scrapping "scene". I rarely purchase scrapbook magazines anymore, and hardly ever check out scrapbook websites.

This is my new list of dreams. I am not calling it a list goals because I don't want to be disappointed if they don't end up happening. Instead, I want to be thrilled if they do.

1. Sell at least 10 items on Etsy.
2. Make a great portfolio of my best work to apply to Capilano College.
3. Get a second job and earn a decent income, while also continuing to do art.
4. Eventually have a work of art published in a magazine.
5. Get sent a fan e-mail or letter.
6. Build a website (not a blog) featuring my art.
7. Post more of my creations on my blog.
8. Become more than a novice photographer, and be a wedding photographer.
9. Sell my art in a real store or gallery.


I'm sure there are many more things to add, but this is a good start. I guess I could sum it up by saying that I hope I become successful with my art, and have people want to purchase it.


This is a painting that I have for sale in my shop. I have a custom order to do a similar painting, but for the flower to be a water lily. I am very excited, and will post it when I'm done.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love your goals!! And making new ones are always good!! I might do some for myself!!