Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Good Day

My parents have been in Toronto helping to take care of my grandparents for the past few months. My mom flew home yesterday and she is staying in Vancouver for a few days before going to Edmonton to see her mom. My brother picked her up last night, and then the two of them came over to my place for dinner. We had Greek food delivered, and talked for a while before my brother left. My mom, Jarod, and I watched Little Miss Sunshine (I just saw it at Christmas, but it's so funny!). My mom slept on our sofa, so Jarod and I played cards in our bedroom for a while before I went to bed around 3am. This morning I slept in until 11am and then my mom and I went to Starbucks for coffee. After that we went to Talize, which is like Value Village. Look what we found!



It is an amazing bag with a luggage tag on it. The bag belonged to a G. Rogers, who was in first class on the Franconia. I investigated a bit when I got home and found this link. Apparently the ship Franconia sailed quite a bit in the 1920's from Liverpool to New York, and then during the war it was used to transport soldiers. In 1949 it started sailing from Liverpool to Quebec! The luggage tag on my bag says it is going from Liverpool to Montreal, so I think it is about 58 years old! I bought it for $49.99. I really don't have extra money right now, but it was one of those things where I felt like I had to have it. I have no idea what it might be worth, if anything.

The really funny part is I hate leather (vegetarian)! I don't wear any leather, not even shoes or belts, yet I love this bag so much! If it didn't have the label, I probably wouldn't have bought it, but I love that I know the name of the person who used to own it.

After that we went to Ikea and then we drove out to Ladner so I could drop my mom off with her friends. It was great to see her again, and both of my parents will be home in a month!

After saying good bye to my mom, I decided to go take some photo's. I went to Hawthorne Elementary School, which I attended for half of Kindergarten and all of grade one. That is where I had my favorite teacher ever, Mrs. Helen Robertson. She got me stuck on art. I walked all around the school taking tons of photo's. It was so much fun. Then I went to Ladner Harbor Park (Also called the Bunny Park). I walked the path where my dad and I used to walk the dogs together, and took more photographs.

*** Currently Gizmo is sprinting back and forth across our condo as fast as he can holding a squeaky toy. He looks hilarious.***

Anyways, I'm going to end this, and then do a second post with the photographs from Ladner!

1 comment:

.freckled.nest. said...

thats an awesome bag and especially label!! good find; great research!
any pictures of you and your mom? did she find "the ring"?
i slept till 2:00pm yesterday. i beat you. :)
la