Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow Trek

It started to snow again today. I had to work at 5:30pm (or so I thought), so I planned on leaving the condo at 5pm to walk to work. I live pretty close to work, probably about 6 blocks away, but I had never driven in the snow before. As I was about to leave I looked in my day planner and realised that my shift actually started at 5:00, not 5:30! I decided to drive. It sure was scary! I was going super slow, and my car was still sliding all over! My co-workers were totally fine with me being 15 minutes late, and another woman was actually an hour late! During my shift people kept telling me how much more snow was falling, so I decided it would be best to walk home and leave my car at the mall. I told a security guard who wrote down my car description so it wouldn't get towed. It turned out that a really sweet woman who I work with lives only two blocks away from me, and she was walking home too, so we walked together. It actually wasn't that cold out, and it was nice to have someone to talk to. Tomorrow I work at 5:30pm (this time I'm sure!), so I don't know if I'll just walk to work then, or go earlier with Jarod and pick up my car.


These are some chocolates that I decided to buy at work today. It's hard having a discount!


I was actually surprised that my feet didn't look worse than this after the trek home!


And to get in the holiday spirit, this is a picture of Jarod with Mr. and Mrs. Claus in 1984 (six months before I was born!). Isn't he adorable?

No comments: