Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I can't get off the computer!

I have been meaning to go to bed for the past two hours. Unfortunately, my computer has some sort of magnetic field coming out of it or something. I had Sunday and Monday off from work, so Jarod and I had a nice weekend together. On Saturday night we went to see the new James Bond film (I thought it was pretty good), and then had his friends from work Paul and Mindy over. They stayed quite late playing Cranium with us. It was lots of fun. I think they left around 3 or 4 am. On Monday we went grocery shopping and also stopped by Chapters and Talize. Talize is similar to Value Village, a thrift store. I bought wool sweaters and when I got home I felted them. Now I am cutting them up and making them in to flower pins. I have made a few so far and they're really cute. Today I worked from 2-6pm. When I was hired I was told it was probably just for Christmas. Today my boss told me she wants to keep me for as long as she can, and she wants me to keep working though Valentine's day and at least until Easter. I am really happy about that, because I really enjoy working at Purdy's so far. On Saturday I scooped ice cream for my entire 4 hour shift! I'm getting the hang of it though, and people are usually nice when they're buying chocolate/ice cream.

I can't believe how fast the holidays are approaching! I really need to start shopping! OK... I am getting off the computer now so I can get some sleep before work tomorrow!

2 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

Nice banner! Pretty :)
LA
PS> i met the twins yesterday. Amazing & Beautiful! Its like holding 2 Amandas(my sister) in my arms~ I love them already! Going today during lunch and can't wait :)

Valerie said...

I know what you mean about the computer having a hold on you..I'm the same sometimes too, it's so bad!! Glad things are good!! I;ve always wondered about felting..you'll have to post a pic of the flowers when youre done!!