Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hired

I got a phone call from the manager at Purdy's Chocolates today. They've decided to hire me. My first day is next Thursday, Nov.16th. I really hope it goes well.

I have not been feeling well the past few days. I felt really nauseous yesterday and the day before, and today I have a bad headache. I know it's because of anxiety about getting a job.

Purdy's seems like a good company though. It's Canadian, and the first store was on Robson Street, in Vancouver, in 1907. In 2004, Purdy's made it in to the Globe and Mails list of the 50 Best Companies to Work for in Canada - they ranked 48th out of 129 companies that participated nationally.

I hope I have a good experience with them.

4 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!
That's AWESOME ALICE!!!
congratulations!
LA

Anonymous said...

congrats al!!! that's awesome!!! now you know what to get me for xmas.... hehehe, just kidding!
love ya darlin!

Valerie said...

YAY Alice!! That's awesome!! congrats!!

Marie said...

Congratualtions Alice! Maybe this will become a new art venue for you. I see some chocolate sculptures in your future! Just kidding!
I really like Purdy's chocolate, it's a good quality product and I hope a quality company to work for.

Good luck!