Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Greece!

Yesterday morning my sister woke up early and flew to visit her boyfriend. They will meet up with us in a few days in Greece. My mom and I woke up around 7:30am and had breakfast at the hostel. Then we went to Starbucks and the pharmacy. I lost my deodorant someplace, so I needed some more. At 10am we checked out of the hostel and took a train to the airport. We shopped in book stores for a few hours, and then checked in and went through security. We had to take our shoes off for it! They sure are strict now. You are not aloud to bring any liquids, creams, etc. on board. We flew from London to Athens, Greece and I slept almost the entire flight. We took a bus to the metro and took the metro to our hostel. By the time we got there it was around 10pm, Athens time. We dropped off our bags and changed, and then went out to eat. Because it was warm out, I wore a tank top. The dinner was great, we had Greek salad and tzatziki with pita bread. The Greek salad comes with a big slab of feta on top. Midway through dinner it started to rain. Then pour! We ended up walking home in the rain laughing because we looked like crazy tourists. We got back to the hostel and I had a shower and then went to bed. This morning we took the metro to another stop and went to a restaurant for breakfast. My mom and I each had a chocolate croissant, and fruit salad. I also had a chocolate cappuccino. Everything was AMAZING! In Greece they have dogs that live on the streets. They are harmless, and are everywhere. Apparently they are captured and fixed, then let free again instead of putting them down. After breakfast we went to the Acropolis. It was amazing! The view from the Parthenon was spectacular. I took lots of photos. I will post them once I get home. On the 14th we fly back to London, and then my sister flys back to Ontario. I am not sure where my mom and I will be going then, it depends on where we find a flight to. On the 20th we fly back to Vancouver and I see my sweetie.

I just finished e-mailing Jarod. It's hard being apart from him, but it's always worth it in the end because we realise how important we are to each other. I have ten days left until I see him again. I miss Gizmo too!

That's all the updating for now!

3 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

a slab of feta? i would love that. keep having fun!
LA

Valerie said...

Sounds like fun!! Wish I could walk around with just a tank top right now!! It's SO cold!! Mmmmm, and that chocolate cappuccion sounds good!! Can't wait to see some pics!!

Anonymous said...

hey sweetie sounds like your having fun.