Thursday, September 21, 2006

going on a trip!


My sister moved to Ontario last spring after an 8 month trip to Europe. I only saw her for a few days in between the return home to BC and then the move.


Since I currently am unemployed, my mom suggested that we fly out to Ontario to visit my sister, and go to Toronto to see my grandparents and aunt, uncle, and cousin. Now she thinks we might as well go to Europe if we're going to go on a trip, and that way my sister can come with us and see her boyfriend (who she met in Europe and is still there). So apparently I am going to Europe for 2-3 weeks in October. I know I don't sound very excited, but I really am. I've just had a lot to think about lately, so I'm sort of down. I think we are going to Greece, which I am really excited about because I have been to Europe twice, but never to Greece. The bad part of this is Jarod can't come because he can't get time off of work. I went to Europe for two months with school two years ago and it was horrible being apart for so long. But 3 weeks should be OK.


I also think that I am going to purchase a really good camera before I go away. I have one now that I love, but I want to be able to change lenses and change the aperture easily and stuff like that. I don't have a clue what brand to get or anything though.


I think Gizmo is super happy that I got fired :) I am home all the time now to play with him. I took him for a walk today and he was very happy about that. He plays fetch with me in the house (he's a small dog). He is so spoiled, with toys all over the place. His ears are starting to stay up more now. He farts all the time! It's really gross, but also really funny because he hears it, and then turns to see what the noise was. They smell horrible though. He also snorts tons! He hardly ever barks unless he is super excited and lets out one bark, but other than that the only noise he makes is snorting. Like a pig. It is so cute. You'd think he wouldn't be so cute anymore after seeing him every day, but Jarod and I are still madly in love with him! Just looking at him makes me smile!


There is an event coming to Richmond (30 min. from me) that's called ARTistry. It looks so awesome and I really hope I get in. And guess who's teaching? Ali Edwards, Donna Downey, and Claudine Hellmuth!! All three of them are awesome! Each day you have a different instructor for the whole day! It's on March 23, 24, and 25. I am really excited about it.


I have to confess. I have an addiction to apple crisp. Once in a while I'll make it, and the entire thing will be gone in like two days, and it's just me eating it! I do that a lot. I'll bake muffins or something and it will be the only thing I eat for a few days. Obviously not that healthy, but I do it anyways.


By the way, I have NOT been following my "rules". I have been sleeping way more than 9 hours, watching way too much TV, doing no art, and not eating right. I have to get back on track... First I have to clean my art space. That'll help. I did all the laundry and that made the condo look much better, it was everywhere. I also got rid of clothes I never wear.


OK I am procrastinating cleaning my art stuff up.




No comments: