Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day trip to Harrison






On Sunday Jarod's mom, Cindy, picked Jarod and me up and we drove for an hour and a bit out to Harrison. It's a little town on a lake that is known for it's hot springs. The reason we were going was because of their yearly sand sculpture competition! I had never been before, and it was amazing! The sculptures were made by teams from all over the world. I love being an artist because I can really appreciate other artist's work, no matter what medium it's in.
Yesterday I spent most of the day organizing my art supplies. My mom came over later on with her label maker to help out. I'm not quite done yet, but it looks great so far. I love being organized!


3 comments:

.freckled.nest. said...

thats so crazy! do the add glue or something to the sand to get it to stay? so much detail!
it was fun talking yesterday-you inspired me to clean my studio. i threw lots of junk out. i still should get rid of more-but its hard to part.
have a great night,
Leigh-Ann

.freckled.nest. said...

your blog is allowing me to post as blogger again. must have fixed itself?
LA

Valerie said...

WOW I never knew they had the sand sculpture competition in Harrison..I'll have to go one day!! Loved all the pics!! YAY for being organized, I'm trying too!!