Wednesday, August 16, 2006

sleepy

I just got home from work. This was day number nine in my nine day stretch. I am so tired and am so excited to sleep in tomorrow.

Work was tiring today. I started at 9:30 and my boss Deanna was already there. (Deanna is a well known scrapbooker/cardmaker) She got a call around 10am from her mom. Lots went on but I dont think I have the right to discuss her business on here, so basically what happened was Deanna had to leave, and she phoned me later to tell me that her grandmother had passed away, so she wouldn't be coming back. Poor woman, I never know how to act when someone is in such sorrow.

So I worked by myself from 10-5. It was hard to handle all the customers and phone calls at once, but it wasn't a super busy day so I managed just fine. I didn't do any mess-ups or have any angry customers.

Megan (Jarod's sister) came to visit me for lunch both today and yesterday. She is doing training at a bank beside Clippers. She invited me to go on a road trip with her to the states next weekend! I am super excited. I really don't have many friends, so it's nice to be invited to do something like that. We are going to drive down to Oregon on Saturday, shop, shop, shop, and then drive home on Sunday.

Wow... this no friends thing is starting to make me sort of emotional. It's hard to get to know people my age when I work at a scrapbook store, and I am not a big drinker or clubber. Moving out of my hometown didn't help matters either. I have a few friends who I love to death, but only talk to once every 6 months or so. Life is just so busy. I am always working, and when I'm not then I am exhausted.

That's one of the reasons I am a bit scared to get married. Yes. I do want to get married. I don't care that I am only 21. I have met the man that I know I am going to be with forever, and I don't think it matters if I get married at 21 or 31. I am worried, however, that I wont know who to have as my bridesmaids. Isn't that silly? I'm scared to get married because I hardly have any friends?

I'm a nerd.

3 comments:

em said...

alice in wonderland,
how wrong you are! you have so many friends!!! everyone adores you! you grew up, there are people that are still in their old life, but you are a grown up, with a wonderful life, with an amazing guy! people live their whole lives and sometimes don't meet their true love, you have been through so much together and yet neither of you have lost your independance from eachother...
by the way... i was thinking... i could be your maid of honour... or at least a bride's maid... i look pretty in dresses these days...
think about it, even if i never get married, i hope you'll back me up when i say i do...

alice valentine said...

emily,

well of course you'll be up there with me! I know that for sure. Thanks for the post. I miss you.

em said...

awww, cheers darlin!
3 days til i fly to scotland to see mike.... eeek.... i'll send you some photos when i get home ok...