Saturday, August 19, 2006

Awake

It's 1:30 in the morning and I just got home from work. On Friday nights we have a club scrap at Clippers. It costs $5.00 and you get to scrapbook, win prizes, drink coffee and eat donuts, and we have special sales for people in the club scrap. The store stays open till midnight as well. This was my first shift doing it, and I didn't get off until 1am. yuck. It really wasn't that bad though. I of course messed up some stuff because I am still the new girl, but nothing huge. I HATE being new. I knew everything at Michaels. I went from being a sales associate, to a cashier, to a captain of scrapbooking, to a price integrity coordinator, to a class instructor, and finally to event coordinator. I loved being the one that everyone would ask if we had certain products or what aisle they were in. I loved training new people. Now at clippers I am the new person. I am the one that makes mistakes, and then feels like an idiot. It sucks. I know I will eventually get used to my job, and in time it will all be second nature, but right now I am very frustrated. For example, the other day a customer presented a receipt to me that said at the bottom "get 15% off your next purchase". So I gave her 15% off. Did I think to look at the name of the store? Nope. Well I came into work today and their was a note beside that coupon that said in bright red capital letters "FYI: WE DO NOT ACCEPT COMPETITORS COUPONS". I looked at the coupon and it was for Precious Memories, our big competitor. I felt like such a moron.

On another note, we had two deaf women in the scrap tonight. I really want to learn sign language. It has always fascinated me... I think I'll look into it.

that's enough ramble for now. night.
Alice

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I have always wanted to go to one of the Friday night scrap nights...maybe soon!! osunds like tons of fun!! and don't worry, you'll soon know everything at the store, your learning and I'm sure your doing an awesome job!!