Friday, July 07, 2006

Art it up

This is going to be a loooong one. Haven't posted in ages, lost my password and have had so much going on.

Jarod and I bought a puppy! His name is Gizmo and is the most amazing dog. Everyone he meets falls in love with him and he is just perfect. He makes me so happy.

Jarod and I bought a condo. We moved in on June 1 and it is amazing! I can't believe that I am 21 and have a mortgage! It is small, but beautiful! It has stainless steel appliances, a big kitchen, and is less than a year old. We are so happy here. We stayed with Jarod's parents for all of May while we were waiting to move in. Our old place that we were renting was torn down May 1, so we had no place else to go.

My parents sold my childhood home and moved on to their sail boat. They're going to leave for a year long trip soon. I don't know what I'll do without my mom around.

My sister was in Europe for eight months and then came back for a week and then decided to move to Ontario. She seems so happy and I am so proud of her for following her heart. Can't wait to go visit her.

I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator! It is going well, although I am spending more than I am making, but I am having fun and get a discount! I have done two parties so far, and they've both gone well.

I have been working my but off at Michael's. My manager Derek went on sick leave the day after he asked me to stay, and we have a replacement manager named Doug. He actually got manager of the year out of every Michael's location! So for my position of event coordinator I got a raise (not huge though) and am in charge of making the class calendar, organizing all of the events at the store, and doing B-day parties, etc. The last person with my job had 40 hours a week to do the work in. She quit because her position was turned in to part time, about 25 hours a week. I have managed to do all of the stuff needed for my job, do it in half the time it took her, and make the classroom income go up dramatically. Doug, the replacement manager saw how hard I was working and decided to get me to do other things in the store as well. I have been starting at 5am with him most days and working my ass off stocking shelves, making samples and doing a very good job. I am exhausted. I am working about 34 hours a week, and am not given full time benefits or anything. I am so frustrated because I don't see myself going anywhere at Michaels. I am an artist. I don't want to manage a store. So I am back at the idea of quitting. But then what do I do?

My obvious passion is art. Scrapbooking, cardmaking, stamping, collage, painting... just everything. But how do I make money from that?? I have no idea. I work so hard a Michaels that when I come home I am exhausted and don't want to do art. That's it. I'm quitting Michaels. I am going to take one month off of EVERYTHING and do some art!!! Then I'll decide what to do with my life. I don't know how to just be a creative artist and make a good income. I am so confused!

That's it. I am going to go do some art!

No comments: