Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Movies

I have a few favorite movies that hardly represent my taste yet I just love. I have seen each of them many, many, many times, yet could easily watch them again. The Goonies reminds me of my childhood, when I loved this movie. When I watch it I sort of turn back into a little kid and laugh at really stupid stuff. I also love Big Trouble in Little China. I think it's because I used to watch it with my brother and I would always copy his taste to be 'cool'. I got Jarod to watch it with me a few years ago and he thought it was the stupidest movie ever. I can understand where he's coming from because if I watched some of these movies for the first time now as a 'grown-up', I would think they were stupid too. But for me when I see them I become transformed back into the little creative kid I once was, and I love it. I also love Romancing the Stone. Again, not close to my current taste but a movie that I love to watch when I am sad. I have seen this movie so many times it's funny, and I don't even own it yet! I also love Flash dance. I love the dancing, the music and just the entire 80's look. Plus it's romantic. These are all my feel-good movies. I don't have to figure out the plot because I already know it, so it's more of a relaxed movie watching experience. I also love many more recent movies like American Beauty, Donnie Darko, Amelie, Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind, Dirty Pretty Things, Proof, etc. They make me feel so creative.

I think I might go rent the Goonies now.

No comments: